Doncaster Music Hub Support
Find out more about the support we offer to children, parents and carers
Doncaster Music Hub offers lots of support to schools including:
• Specialist tuition on a full range of instruments
• All staff have enhanced DBS and receive training around key issues such as Safeguarding, GDPR, Classroom Management and Inclusion
• All staff are quality assured in the workplace
• Instrument Hire Scheme – Free for the first year for every child, with subsidised rates for subsequent years and fully subsidised for all children who meet the criteria outlined in our remission policy (DMS remission policy).
• Pupils are able to enter a wide range of accredited music examinations, i.e. ABRSM; Trinity College and London College of Music
• All examination fees for pupils who meet the criteria outlined in our remission policy are fully subsidised by the William Appleby Memorial Trust (WAMT)
• For young musicians who attend a William Appleby Music Centre Ensemble, examination fees are paid for all pupils undertaking grades 6, 7 and 8, which is a huge saving to schools and parents, this is supported by WAMT.
• Pupils have free access to a wide range of ensembles outside of the school setting providing opportunities to perform in concerts and events throughout the year
• Support with transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3
Doncaster Music Hub also supports schools with:
• School Music Development Plan visits providing expert advice/support in developing curriculum programmes in line with requirements highlighted in ‘The National Plan for Music Education’
• Music CPD for school staff including bespoke whole class teaching on request
• Termly Music Co-ordinators meetings
• Support for Early Career Teachers
• Development of music inclusion programmes.
• Access to large scale musical performances working in partnerships with professional musicians/organisations across all key stages.
• Music technology – CPD training in partnership with Charanga
If you have any questions at all, do contact Paul Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other music based enquiries, or to see how we can support your pupils and teachers to develop their music skills and access, please contact Sarah Eastaff at email@example.com